T-Mobile: unsolicited reverse billed sms

greengrow

Frisch registriert
T-Mobile Loses Personal Data of 17 Million Customers

In a statement, the company said that the records do not contain bank details, credit card numbers or call data, and that it has no evidence to confirm that the records have led to harassment of users in 2006 or subsequent years, or that they have otherwise been misused by unauthorized parties.
How many complaints have T-Mobile received since 2006 from customers who claim they have been billed for the receipt of unsolicited premium rate text msg.

AW: T-Mobile: unsolicited reverse billed sms

Greengrow, you are wrong this time. It is a German issue (data of German costumers - as far as I know) - and we do not have reversed billed Premium Rate Texts in Germany.

It is unclear at this point if and how the data was misused. They say it was not sold - wherever they want to know that from.

AW: T-Mobile: unsolicited reverse billed sms

This lack of precaution in administration of vital data caused this debacle as it was uncovered that 17 millions of data sets were visible to nearly everyone who knew how to find the place where the password for login to the entire T-Mobile customer-database was circulating in the web, in the wild.

This database (as far as I know...) did not contain bank-account data, but it did contain the login-passwords of all the 17 millions of customers.
So, one can imagine that everyone who could gain access to these passwords, could easily e.g. read emails on T-Mobile customer mail accounts. Or commit fraud basing on identity theft.
One does not really feel very comfortable, hearing a statement: "...or that they have otherwise been misused by unauthorized parties."
If such data were circulating in the wild for 2 years, one can hardly imagine that it is likely the data have not been abused.

T-Mobile can be damn glad we are not in the USA here, but in Germany.
If we were under US-law, I am very sure that a class-action would already be in preparation. And that would cost them more than such a clumsy statement in the media.

Media... well.
All that German media take care of is to wonder if or which data of V.I.P.´s might have been compromised.
They do not talk about the data of all the 17 millions.

Zurück
Oben