UK-Parlamentarier zu Mehrwertdiensten

Aka-Aka

Chaostheoretiker
wieder mal Englisch - aber es gibt für so 'was vielleicht trotzdem Interessenten...

Sir G*Y* ist "Member of Parliament" für "North-West Hampshire" (UK) und hat eine Reihe beachtlicher Statements zum Thema "Dialer und Mehrwertdienste" abgegeben.

2004 brachte GY und ein weiterer Parlamentarier das Thema ins britische Parlament ein - Die "legendäre" Westminster Debate...
All the money that ends up in the hands of the fraudsters starts off in the hands of reputable telephone companies
(Frage eines Parlamentariers)Will the right hon. Gentleman expand on why he has rejected the idea of a total ban on premium rate numbers? With so many abuses, is there not a case for that simple resolution of the problem? To use his example of television reality shows, I am sure that the makers or the companies would find some way of allowing the public to vote for them. It seems hard to suggest that the world would be a worse place if we did not have premium rate telephone numbers. (Antwort GY: The hon. Gentleman makes a strong case for abolishing premium rate numbers. As I said, I do not rule that option out.
Man äußert sich da sehr konkret und mit allem, was die britische Trockenheit hergibt beispielsweise zu Firmen, deren deutsche Filialen man hier gut kennt...
ICSTIS told me: "The real problem however was the subsequent reluctance and in effect refusal by One W**** I****active to provide us with the service provider information for the number range in question."
Why in heaven's name is Ofcom or ICSTIS allowing One W**** I****active to go on issuing 090 numbers if it refuses to co-operate?
Eine schottische Parlamentarierkollegin (Europaparlament) versuchte im Juli 2004 auch, mit einer parlamentarischen Anfrage Brüssel zu sensibilisieren
http://www.elspethattwoollmep.org.uk/news/131.html

Is the Commission aware of the current internet "scam" involving premium rate numbers, whereby software that allows companies to charge for content on their websites is automatically downloaded onto a PC, with the consumer later discovering that they have been charged extortionate rates for internet use by their telephone company, without even having viewed a premium rate website? Many consumers across the EU have found that this software, called "diallers", has been automatically downloaded onto their computer without their knowledge. There is concern that this widespread scam is being facilitated by Directive 00/31/EC on Electronic Commerce. Is the Commission taking any action to tackle this problem? If not, how does it intend to do so?

Hier also zwei Beiträge von Sir G*Y*:

" I make no apologies for again raising the abuse of premium rate services by unscrupulous operators who are fleecing our constituents"

"What is ICSTIS doing to reduce Premium Rate Scams?"

Viel Vergnügen bei dieser interessanten Lektüre... In etwa einem Monat wird man mehr hören ;)

(und eine Frage: weiss jemand, was aus dieser Anfrage nach Brüssel geworden ist?)

In Sachen M*S*P* gab es am 19. Dezember 2005 folgende Anfrage im britischen Parlament:
link
To ask the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry if he will make representations to British Telecom on not holding consumers responsible for telephone charges due to rogue dialling; if he will introduce legislation to protect consumers from the effects of rogue dialling; and if he will ask the Independent Committee for the Supervision of Standards of Telephone Information to re-open an investigation of the role of premium media communication and other companies in rogue dialling.
(frei übersetzt: Anfrage, ob der Handelsminister bei BT vorstellig werden wird um sie aufzufordern, keine Rechnungen von Verbrauchern einzufordern, die durch illegale Dialer verursacht wurden [~BGH], ob der Minister an Gesetzesvorhaben denke, die Verbraucher zu schützen und ob die Regulierungsbehörde ICSTIS gebeten werde, die Untersuchungen neu aufzunehmen gegen die Firma "Premium Media communications" [Mallorca, geführt von M*S*P* und seinem Partner E*D*] und andere in Sachen 'illegale Dialler')

Die Antwort enthielt die üblichen Erklärungen, was denn in Bälde alles an neuen Regelungen und Eingriffsmöglichkeiten vorhanden sein wird und zum Thema "Premium Media Communications" wird ausgeführt wie folgt:
As ICSTIS has not had any complaints since May, Premium Media Communications may have withdrawn from the UK dialler market. However ICSTIS plans to write to this company shortly to give it notice of the withdrawal of its licence to operate diallers. This means that no phone company can give Premium Media Communications premium rate numbers for dialler services.
Also in Kürze: Es gibt seit Mai (2005?) keine Beschwerden, daher vermutet man, die Firma habe sich zurück gezogen vom UK-Markt. Man werde die Firma aber in Kenntnis setzen davon, dass ihre Lizenz, Diallerdienste anzubieten, zurückgezogen sei. Somit kann die Firma von keinem Telekom-Anbieter Mehrwertnummern erhalten.

Das muss man noch kombinieren mit der Aussage des Chefs der ICSTIS: "Unsere Mitarbeiter können ja nicht wissen, wer sich hinter einer Firma verbirgt, nur vom Namen der Firma"...

Vielleicht nennt MSP ja eine seiner neuen Firma "St. George's Telecom" - in dankbarer Erinnerung an ein Hamburger Amtsgericht?

Zurück
Oben